Hours and Location
NEVADA STATE RAILROAD MUSEUM
2180 South Carson Street
Carson City, Nevada 89701
The Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City is now open.
Thursday-Monday, 9:00 am-4:30 pm
Closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Holidays Closed: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
$8 adults; FREE children 17 and under.
Here’s what we ask of our patrons:
- Social distancing and masks required.
- The main museum will be open, and the annex will have scheduled tours.
- Group visits must be pre-arranged by contacting Museum Education at 775 687 6953 x 233.
Here’s what to expect for a safe and healthy museum visit:
- Staff, volunteers and visitors to wear masks, at all times, inside the museum facility.
- Museums are ADA accessible.
- No food allowed, except bottled water.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other visitors.
- Family group up to 10 persons is allowed, and the group must stay together.
- Expect delays if the museum is busy and the flow of visitors is controlled so as not to exceed capacity and to insure safe distancing.
- Follow the directional arrows and signage through the museum.
- Touchable surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.
Contact us with any questions.
From photography to events we will love to work with you.
For a better experience please contact us as you plan your trip.
Telephone Number: (775) 687-6953